Divine Mercy Sunday and the Two Great Sacraments

Article from Catholic Times.


"The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion 
shall obtain complete forgiveness of sin and punishment.” (Diary 699)

Where do the greatest miracles take place?

Our Lords words to Saint Faustina:

“In the tribunal of mercy [the Sacrament of Reconciliation]... the greatest miracles take place and are incessantly repeated” (Diary 1448).

I would have never thought the greatest miracle would be in the confessional, but that’s what Our Lord told St. Faustina. I would have thought it would be some healing service, or I would have to go to Lourdes, or Fatima, or to one of these apparition sites. But, no, Our Lord says in the Confessional the greatest miracles take place.

Our Lords words to Saint Faustina:

“To avail oneself of this miracle, it is not necessary to go on a great pilgrimage or to carry out some external ceremony; it suffices to come with faith to the feet of My representative and to reveal to him one’s misery, and the miracle of Divine Mercy will be demonstrated” (Diary 1448).

Again, miracles as well as conversion take place in the confessional!

Why does Our Lord say, come to me in the confessional and reveal one’s misery? We are wounded.
We need healing. Oh, how miserable souls must be who do not take advantage of God’s miracle of
mercy. We are like a decaying corpse and from a human standpoint, there would be no hope. But not
so with God; He wants us next to His sacred heart and healed of our misery.

Our Lords words to Saint Faustina:

“Fight for the salvation of souls, exhorting them to trust in My mercy, as that is your task in this life and in the life to come.” (Diary 1452)

St. Faustina is fighting for us to trust in God’s mercy. Only that soul who rejects it will be damned, for God condemns no one. If I go to the confessional expecting miracles, and to have my sins forgiven, I will get what I ask for. I will receive in proportion to what I’m open to and expecting.

Go to confession trusting that the greatest miracle of my life is about to take place and will be incessantly repeated and that God is going to restore me in His fullness. The more you are open to, the more you will receive. All depends on trust. Now, go to Confession expecting miracles.

Our Lords words to Saint Faustina:

“I am only hidden by the priest, but I, Myself, act in your soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of mercy. Tell souls that from this fount of mercy souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to My generosity (Diary 1602)

“Tell Me all, My child, hide nothing from Me because My loving heart, the heart of your best friend, is listening to you... Do not be absorbed in your misery— you are still too weak to speak of it— but, rather, gaze on My heart filled with goodness, and be imbued with My sentiments. Strive for meekness and humility; be merciful to others, as I am to you; and, when you feel your strength failing, if you come to the fountain of mercy to fortify your soul, you will not grow weary on your journey.” (Diary 1486)

Our Lords words to Saint Faustina:

“Be not afraid of your Savior, O sinful soul. I make the first move to come to you, for I know that by yourself you are unable to lift yourself to Me. Child, do not run away from your Father; be willing to talk openly with your God of mercy who wants to speak words of pardon and lavish His graces on you. How dear your soul is to Me! I have inscribed your name upon My hands; you are engraved as a deep wound in My heart.” (Diary 1485)


The Eucharist: Life and Summit of Divine Mercy

Help us penetrate the veil St. Faustina, so we can better understand the Eucharist.

The Eucharist is alive. If a stranger was to come and watch us receive the Eucharist, would the
stranger know that?

Our Lords words to Saint Faustina:

“Oh how painful it is to Me that souls so seldom unite themselves to Me in Holy Communion.
I wait for souls and they are indifferent toward Me. I love them tenderly and sincerely and
they distrust Me. I want to lavish my graces on them and they do not want to accept them.
They treat Me as a dead object where as My heart is full of love and mercy.” (Diary 1447)

Christ in the Eucharist


The church teaches that the Eucharist is the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ, and that
means the entire God Head; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Together and always the church says
we are to reverence unity in the trinity and trinity in the unity. What do we think when the
Mass begins?

Jesus checks His watch and says, “See you Dad, see you Holy Spirit, and see you
Mom. I have to get to Mass for the sacrifice now. I have to get in the Eucharist.”

Isn’t this silly? The church teaches Christ is present both in the Eucharist and in Heaven at the same time.

St. Faustina writes; “Once after Holy Communion, I heard these words: ‘You are our dwelling place.’ At that moment, I felt the presence of the Holy Trinity; Father, Son, Holy Spirit. I was the temple of God, child of the Father. I cannot explain all this but my spirit understands all this. I knew more distinctly than ever that the divine persons; the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are one. My soul is in communion with These Three.” (Diary 451) 

So when we enter into communion, we enter into the full Trinity.

There is only one Mass


There is only one liturgy. Christ is the only high priest and all other priests share in the
priesthood of Christ. The laity, in a different way, share in the one priesthood of Christ, but
Christ is always the high priest. Christ is eternally in heaven interceding at the right hand of the
Father, worshiped by all the angels and saints. Only in eternity will we understand how
awesome the Mass really is.

Doing more than just receiving Communion


We need to do something more than just receive Communion. We must become Communion.
We must enter into Communion with God. When we receive, we live in Him and He lives in us.
“Anyone who eats My flesh and drinks My blood, remains in Me and I in him.” (John: 6:56)

How do we enter into Communion?


There are two kinds of eating: The first is sacramental eating. When we are receiving this
sacrament we receive with belief that this is truly the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ.
The second is spiritual eating. Spiritual eating is where we do something. We actively unite
ourselves with Christ. The two should happen at the same time.

There is no limit to how many times a day we can spiritually receive Communion

There is sacramental communion and there is spiritual communion, and if you can’t receive
Our Lord sacramentally every day, then you can receive Him spiritually . In spiritual communion
you unite with Him with a desire to receive Him sacramentally. If you have such a desire and a
longing to receive communion and you can’t because of some circumstance, Christ honors this
desire and the grace can be as great.

Let’s say person A goes to Mass, only to fulfill his Sunday obligation, receives communion, leaves in haste after communion to go watch Sunday football. Where is this man’s heart? Let’s take person B. Let’s say person B has cancer and cannot go to Mass, but desires very much to receive Our Lord spiritually in communion. Who do you think receives more graces? Person A will receive graces but not as much as Person B.

Proper disposition of heart is what Our Lord desires!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jury Duty and Headship in the family

The Greatest Miracles

To Follow the Lord