The Greatest Miracles

Where do the greatest miracles take place?

Our Lord’s words from the Diary of Saint Faustina:
“In the tribunal of mercy [the Sacrament of Reconciliation]... the greatest miracles take place and are incessantly repeated” (Diary 1448). 

I would have never thought it would be in the confessional, but that’s what Our Lord told Saint Faustina. I would have thought it would be some healing service, or I would have to go to Lourdes, or Fatima, or to one of these apparition sites. But, no, Our Lord says in the Confessional.

Our Lord Speaks:
To avail oneself of this miracle, it is not necessary to go on a great pilgrimage or to carry out some external ceremony; it suffices to come with faith to the feet of My representative and to reveal to him one’s misery, and the miracle of Divine Mercy will be demonstrated” (Diary 1448).

He doesn’t say; go to Medjugorje or Lourdes, or Fatima, but to the confessional. How many of you
have been to Medjugorje? What’s the key focus at Medjugorje? “the Sacraments.” The confessionals are packed with people. This is the miracle of Medjugorje. Conversion takes place in the confessional.



Why does Our Lord say, come to Me in the confessional and reveal one’s misery?

We are wounded. We need healing.

Oh, how miserable souls must be who do not take advantage of God’s miracle of mercy. What’s Our Lord say again? We are like a decaying corpse and from a human standpoint, there would be no hope. But not so with God; He wants us next to His Sacred Heart and healed of our misery.

Our Lord told Saint Faustina:
“I am only hidden by the priest, but I, Myself, act in your soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of mercy. Tell souls that from this fount of mercy souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to My generosity (Diary 1602)... The proud remain always in poverty and misery, because My grace turns away from them to humble souls” (Diary 1602).

When the priest absolves you of your sin, it is Christ who is forgiving you.

Our Lord Speaks:
“My daughter, just as you prepare in My presence, so also you make your confession before Me. The person of the priest is, for Me, only a screen. Never analyze what sort of a priest it is that I am making use of; open your soul in Confession as you would to Me, and I will fill it with My light.” (Diary 1725) 

The priest veils Christ.
Christ, Himself, is forgiving you through the priest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jury Duty and Headship in the family

To Follow the Lord